Waiuku Netball Centre was established in 1954, with Waiuku Basketball Association as it was then known, playing 9 aside basketball at George Street School with teams from all over the district. In 1957 the club moved to the current Kitchener Road site and went from having no facilities at George Street to a small pavillion, with toilets and a kitchen, and four playing courts.
Waiuku Netball has amazing facilities that are a credit to our past and present committees. The original pavillion was extended in 1978, and again in 1984 with the addition of a second storey. We again expanded in 1992 with the addition of two more courts. In 1998 we opened our covered grandstand, and in 2002 the original pavilion was demolished and replaced with a new two storey pavilion.
Our Centre is run by a group of very enthusiastic volunteers who give their time willingly for the sport. We are supported by our Patroness, Life Members and Service Award holders.